Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hello baseball card blog world!

This is my first attempt at trying this. So bear with me.

    Well, I am a huge Cubs fan and have been since 1998. The home run chase that summer is what got me to start following baseball hardcore. I started to root for Sosa to be the guy who broke the record and he became my favorite player and since Cubs games were always on WGN at the time I was able to watch Sosa a lot and that just grew into a love for the Cubs in general. Now here I am, a sad, old Cubs fan.

 (I also have the same passion for the Minnesota Vikings.)

So add all that in with also being a card collector for what seems like my whole life, I avidly try and collect as many team sets and whatever else of these 2 teams. I follow most professional sports and collect stuff from each as well.

So, I hope I can stay somewhat active and share posts of my collection and random thoughts on the Cubs, Vikings, the hobby and sports in general.I have been reading Wrigley Wax for about 2 years and Once a Cub for about 1 year. Not sure if the world needs another Cubs/Card blog, but I enjoy reading theirs and sometimes think I can come up with posts that are similar with helping other Cubs/baseball fans/collectors.


I have a want/trade site available and I am working on more for the Cubs.

I think this is it for the first post, hope to figure this out and make it more interesting. Time will tell.
Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere! It's nice to have another blog to share the woes of being a Cub fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, man! I've enjoyed your blog over the last couple years and even got a lot of great Cubs card info from it. I hope to add some of the same for others.

      Delete